THE LEAD STORY – FAREWELL TO 41: The nation will say its final farewell to former President George H.W. Bush as President Trump, four living former presidents and other high-ranking officials and dignitaries from around the world gather at the Washington National Cathedral to celebrate Bush’s life of public service ... George W. Bush will eulogize his father, as will former U.S. Sen. Alan Simpson, former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney and presidential historian Jon Meacham. President Trump is not expected to speak but will be in attendance with first lady Melania Trump.
Former Presidents Barack Obama, Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter are expected to attend along with former first ladies Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton, and Rosalynn Carter. Also reportedly expected in the invitation-only crowd: Mike Lovejoy, a Kennebunkport electrician and fix-it man who has worked at Bush's Maine summer estate since 1990. After the state funeral, Bush will be flown back to Texas, where he will lie in repose at St. Martin’s Episcopal Church in Houston until Thursday morning's funeral there. He will be laid to rest at the George H.W. Bush Presidential Library Center in College Station, Texas.
- Stay with FOX News for full coverage of former President George H.W. Bush's state funeral, starting at 9 a.m. ET, anchored by Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum. FOX News will have additional coverage on all platforms, including tributes to Bush 41 on FOX Nation.
- WATCH: Bob Dole rises from wheelchair to salute George H.W. Bush
- George H.W. Bush's state funeral: Everything you need to know
- List of expected notable guests
- Marc Thiessen: For just a few days, let's be the nation George H.W. Bush wanted us to be