viernes, 21 de diciembre de 2018

Susan Collins reveals critics' personal attacks over Kavanaugh vote, in Fox News interview | Fox News

Susan Collins reveals critics' personal attacks over Kavanaugh vote, in Fox News interview | Fox News

Fox News First



EXCLUSIVE: COLLINS SAYS KAVANAUGH FOES DIDN’T INTIMIDATE HER: U.S. Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, has revealed that the abuse she and her staff suffered over her vote to confirm Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court "was unlike anything I've seen in all the years that I've been privileged to serve in the Senate" ... "There were protests at my home for six weeks in a row, protests at my home here in Washington, death threats, threats of sexual assault against me and my staff," Collins told Fox News' Martha MacCallum in an exclusive interview that aired Thursday evening on "The Story." "But, what I'll never understand is why anyone would think that I would be intimidated by those tactics and that they would be successful in converting me or causing me to vote against Judge Kavanaugh."
Collins provided the crucial yes vote for Kavanaugh's confirmation, explaining her reasoning in an Oct. 5 Senate floor speech that climaxed a weeks-long battle centering on sexual-assault allegations against the federal judge dating from his high school days. At the time, Collins cited "the lack of corroborating evidence" of the claims against Kavanaugh by Christine Blasey Ford. - Reported by Samuel Chamberlain

No hay comentarios: