viernes, 14 de febrero de 2020

Barr says Trump tweets 'make it impossible to do my job' amid Roger Stone drama | Fox News

Barr says Trump tweets 'make it impossible to do my job' amid Roger Stone drama | Fox News

Fox News First

White House: President Trump not 'bothered' about Barr's comments on his tweets amid Roger Stone controversy
The White House says President Trump isn't "bothered" or deterred after Attorney General Bill Barr told ABC News on Thursday that the president's tweets "make it impossible for me to do my job," in an unusual swipe at the president -- although Barr emphasized that Trump "has never asked me to do anything in a criminal case."
Barr's unexpected comments came days after Trump, in a late-night tweet earlier this week, criticized career Justice Department prosecutors for recommending a nine-year prison sentence for his former adviser Roger Stone. Senior DOJ leaders then intervened and adjusted the sentencing recommendation downward, saying it was clearly excessive given Stone's obstruction-related offenses. All four prosecutors on the case stepped down within hours.
"I think it’s time to stop the tweeting about Department of Justice criminal cases," Barr said. "I'm not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody ... whether it’s Congress, a newspaper editorial board, or the president.”
Barr continued, "I'm gonna do what I think is right, and you know ... I cannot do my job here at the department with a constant background commentary that undercuts me." Click here for more.

No hay comentarios: