domingo, 14 de abril de 2019

PM Narendra Modi's good deeds forgotten by the hate his associates often spread

PM Narendra Modi's good deeds forgotten by the hate his associates often spread

Fifth column: Modi’s good deeds forgotten by the hate his associates often spread

There are many former believers in Modi who have lost faith in him, and their reasons for losing faith are economic. The World Bank may rank India as a country that has become one in which it is easier to do business, but on the ground this appears somehow to have got lost in translation.

Fifth column: An election diary
There are many former believers in Modi who have lost faith in him.


Last week I went back to Jayapur. This is one of the villages that Narendra Modiadopted when he was elected from Varanasi. I was last here three years ago. It looked then just like the other squalid little villages that surround it. But, the main road was in the process of being paved. And, there was a new bank with an ATM. Outside the bank I met a young girl with blow-dried hair who said she had just completed her training as a beautician and asked if I could find her a job. She took my number and called me a couple of times but I was unable to help. Hopefully, someone else helped.

No hay comentarios: