viernes, 5 de octubre de 2018

Kavanaugh, in op-ed, decries 'vicious' attacks while saying he 'might have been too emotional' at hearing | Fox News

Kavanaugh, in op-ed, decries 'vicious' attacks while saying he 'might have been too emotional' at hearing | Fox News

Fox News First



KAVANAUGH MAKES HIS CASE: Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh penned an op-ed for the Wall Street Journal on Thursday, decrying what he described as "vicious" attacks against him while admitting he "might have been too emotional" during his hearing on Capitol Hill last week ... "I was very emotional last Thursday, more so than I have ever been. I might have been too emotional at times," Kavanaugh wrote. "I know that my tone was sharp, and I said a few things I should not have said. I hope everyone can understand that I was there as a son, husband and dad. I testified with five people foremost in my mind: my mom, my dad, my wife, and most of all my daughters."
Kavanaugh described his testimony as "forceful and passionate" — "because I forcefully and passionately denied the allegation against me." He also stood firm in his assertion that, if confirmed, he'd be a trusted associate justice, writing that the U.S. could count on him "to be the same kind of judge and person I have been for my entire 28-year legal career: hardworking, even-keeled, open-minded, independent and dedicated to the Constitution and the public good."

No hay comentarios: