jueves, 29 de agosto de 2019

MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell apologizes for unverified Trump-Russia report: 'We are retracting the story' | Fox News

MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell apologizes for unverified Trump-Russia report: 'We are retracting the story' | Fox News

Fox News First



MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell apologizes for unverified Trump-Russia report: 'We are retracting the story'



Good morning and welcome to Fox News First. Here's what you need to know as you start your day...
MSNBC's O'Donnell retracts unverified Trump-Russia story, makes on-air apology
MSNBC host Lawrence O'Donnell on Wednesday night retracted a story that directly tied President Trump's finances to Russia and made an on-air apology for running the unverified report. "Last night on this show, I discussed information that wasn't ready for reporting," O'Donnell said. "I repeated statements a single source told me about the president's finances and loan documents with Deutsche Bank. Saying 'if true' -- as I discussed the information -- was simply not good enough. I did not go through the rigorous verification and standards process here at MSNBC before repeating what I heard from my source. Had it gone through that process, I would not have been permitted to report it. I should not have said it on-air or posted it on Twitter. I was wrong to do so." Click here to read more on our top story

No hay comentarios: