viernes, 8 de mayo de 2020

Dallas salon owner Shelley Luther speaks out after release from jail: 'I couldn't bring myself to apologize' | Fox News

Dallas salon owner Shelley Luther speaks out after release from jail: 'I couldn't bring myself to apologize' | Fox News

Fox News First

Good morning and welcome to Fox News First. Here's what you need to know as you start your day ...
Exclusive: Salon owner jailed for violating coronavirus shutdown order speaks out: 'I couldn't bring myself to apologize'
Dallas salon owner Shelley Luther, who opted to serve time in jail after violating a local coronavirus business closure order, said in an exclusive interview on "Hannity" Thursday she stands by her decision not to apologize.
"That was the last thing I was going to do, honestly ... I just couldn't, I couldn't bring myself to apologize," she told host Sean Hannity, hours after the Texas Supreme Court ordered her release.
Luther said she was feeling much better after being allowed to go back home and does not regret her decision not to apologize as requested by state District Judge Eric Moye. Judge Moye gave Luther the option of avoiding prison if she apologized for what he described as her "selfish" behavior, paid a fine and kept her business closed until Friday, when hair salons across Texas can open with restrictions.
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, state Attorney General Ken Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick had all called for Luther's release and said Moye he had abused his discretion, stressing that Luther was keeping her business open in order to feed her family. Click here for more on our top story.
Other related developments:
- Ted Cruz slams San Antonio plan declaring 'Chinese virus' to be hate speech: 'This is NUTS'
- Michigan Gov. Whitmer extends stay-at-home order until May 28, but with exceptions
- California Gov. Newsom lets more businesses reopen after revealing staggering budget deficit

No hay comentarios: