viernes, 4 de octubre de 2019

Gandhism helped an ordinary writer like me find a way to handle a crisis | The Indian Express

Gandhism helped an ordinary writer like me find a way to handle a crisis | The Indian Express

Gandhism helped an ordinary writer like me find a way to handle a crisis

Having absorbed Gandhi in these ways, I believe it was what helped me in my hour of crisis. Gandhi showed me the merits of the path of forgiveness, solitude and silence.




January, 2015 was an important time in my life. I was compelled to take a very important decision. The controversy over Madhorubhagan (One Part Woman) had turned my own people against me. A false propaganda had insinuated that my writing had discredited my native village and the women there. There were no takers for my opinion. Instead, my life was in danger; my family was facing a crisis. Circumstances were forcing us to shift out of our home; we were about to be robbed of our livelihood. Those unfamiliar with the ground situation had much advice to offer. I realised that they would not work in my case. Most of them were swayed by ideological considerations. I listened to them, but did not respond. This led to more confusion and I was unsure of my next step.

No hay comentarios: