jueves, 8 de agosto de 2019

A protege’s tribute | The Indian Express

A protege’s tribute | The Indian Express



A protege’s tribute

Sushma Swaraj was a leader of courage and stature, an original thinker and doer.

Sushma Swaraj, sushma swaraj death, sushma swaraj dead, sushma swaraj cardiac arrest, sushma swaraj news
My belief was that my being considered a protege of Sushma Swaraj was the real reason. Being labelled a ‘protege’ of a great leader like her is a matter of pride for me. (Source: Designed by Gargi Singh)


My association with Sushma Swaraj goes back to 1977, when after the end of the Emergency, she became an MLA of the Janata Party and was made minister for cultural affairs by Chaudhary Devi Lal, becoming the youngest ever minister in the country at 25. I was the director in the ministry. She exuded warmth and trust and started addressing me affectionately by my first name Yaqoob, my being six years older than her notwithstanding.

No hay comentarios: