domingo, 17 de noviembre de 2019

She said: It is the responsibility of parties to chart out a roadmap for women who enter politics | The Indian Express

She said: It is the responsibility of parties to chart out a roadmap for women who enter politics | The Indian Express



She said: It is the responsibility of parties to chart out a roadmap for women who enter politics

It surprises me when people who do not know enough of the Shiv Sena rush to label it as a misogynist party. The truth is far from that. Of its 91 corporators in Mumbai, 50 are women

She said: My space, my politics

When the Constituent Assembly framed our Constitution, participation of women in politics was perceived as a natural outcome as it gave the country and every citizen the right to vote and participate in the political sphere. (Illustration: Suvajit Dey)


Ten years ago, when I was getting into politics, I was advised that as a woman, I can’t have an impactful political career unless I came from a politically connected family or I was a well-established celebrity or someone with lots of money. But for me, politics was an opportunity to be the change I was seeking. I wanted to break the overwhelmingly negative narratives for women who sought to be equal partners in policy making. So that is how my journey began — I put on hold my entrepreneurial venture and made my family second priority since it was about changing the way women themselves perceive their space in politics and limit their participation in it.

No hay comentarios: