sábado, 9 de noviembre de 2019

Sending my son Aatish Taseer to exile is not just wrong but evil | The Indian Express

Sending my son Aatish Taseer to exile is not just wrong but evil | The Indian Express

Sending my son Aatish Taseer to exile is not just wrong but evil

I have to say that I am truly horrified that this was done without my even being given a hearing. Of course, as the BJP’s Twitter trolls tell me gleefully, I could go to court.

Aatish Taseer, Aatish Taseer on revoked IOC, Aatish Taseer IOC revoked, who is Aatish Taseer, Aatish Taseer Tavleen Singh son, Aatish Taseer Time magazine article, indian express

The government has revoked author Aatish Taseer’s Overseas Citizen of India card. (Facebook/@Aatish Taseer)


As I sit down to write this, I still find it hard to believe that a prime minister whom I have openly supported for more than five years has allowed his government to exile my son. When the notice arrived from the home ministry, three months ago, asking Aatish to explain why his status as an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) should not be revoked on the grounds that he had not revealed that his father was Pakistani, my first reaction was to call the home minister.

No hay comentarios: