jueves, 7 de noviembre de 2019

Due process, the imperative to follow it, was missing in the Tis Hazari incident | The Indian Express

Due process, the imperative to follow it, was missing in the Tis Hazari incident | The Indian Express

Due process, the imperative to follow it, was missing in the Tis Hazari incident

Why has an enquiry been ordered against the police? Why is the enquiry not about the incident? I am seething with anger at an unjust system that has decided against the uniform without giving it a chance to defend itself.



Family members of Delhi Police protest at India Gate against lawyers on Tuesday. (Express Photo: Gajendra Yadav)


I was prompt. I got in my police jeep and asked my driver to take me immediately to AIIMS, New Delhi, where I was told Inspector Chougule had been admitted. He was on duty at the Tis Hazari court when there was an altercation with local lawyers over the parking of vehicles. I am not clear about the details but a video clipping I was watching showed a constable being beaten up. Some lawyers were also shown hurling chairs and kicking the person in uniform who had fallen down on the floor. I was aghast and that’s when I received the phone call, and realised that Inspector Chougule too was on duty at the court and was injured.

No hay comentarios: