lunes, 28 de septiembre de 2026
I Deliberately Bet Like a Problem Gambler.I Deliberately Bet Like a Problem Gambler. DraftKings Made Me a VIP. by Jake Pearson, graphics by Chris Alcantara September 26, 2026, 5:00 am
I Deliberately Bet Like a Problem Gambler.I Deliberately Bet Like a Problem Gambler.
DraftKings Made Me a VIP.
by Jake Pearson, graphics by Chris Alcantara
September 26, 2026, 5:00 am
https://www.propublica.org/article/draftkings-sports-gambling-problem-vip-fanduel
Reporting Highlights
Recklessness Rewarded: I blew $1,800 in one night by chasing my losses with bigger bets, a classic sign of problem gambling. The next day, DraftKings invited me to audition for its VIP program.
Casino Craze: Sportsbooks want to expand into online casinos, where you can lose a lot fast. I played 500 rounds of blackjack in a weekend — about half of my total bets over 10 weeks.
Profit Over Protection: The responsible gaming prompts telling me to pump the brakes were no match for the product design and promotions pushing me to do more gambling.
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)


No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario