domingo, 2 de agosto de 2026
Where resilience is a way of life and means progress: Ethiopia's Somali Region Maryam Salim April 30, 2026 This page in: English
https://blogs.worldbank.org/en/nasikiliza/where-resilience-is-a-way-of-life-and-means-progress-ethiopias-somali-region?cid=ECR_E_NewsletterWeekly_EN_EXT&deliveryName=DM286533
As our plane descended toward Jigjiga, the regional capital of Ethiopia's Somali Region, I felt a wave of excitement. I had heard so much about the Somali Region: its proud pastoral heritage, the security challenges it has faced and overcome, and its journey toward stability.
During my stay, I engaged with regional leadership and gained insight into the current direction of the Region. What stood out most was the sense of clarity and ownership they have around the region’s future and their emphasis on sustaining the peace achieved after years of instability. The region has lived through fighting, displacement, and uncertainty. That chapter is giving way to something far more hopeful – progress. In this blog, I’m sharing the progress I saw.
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)


No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario