jueves, 20 de agosto de 2026

What Parents Need to Know About Sexual Abuse in Youth Sports by Molly Hensley-Clancy Co-published with The Washington Post

What Parents Need to Know About Sexual Abuse in Youth Sports The public SafeSport list is one of the most powerful tools for parents looking to research their kids’ coaches. But many families have no idea it exists or how to use it. Critics also say the organization has serious flaws. by Molly Hensley-Clancy Co-published with The Washington Post https://www.propublica.org/getinvolved/what-parents-should-know-sexual-abuse-youth-sports-aau-safesport?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=majorinvestigations&utm_content=secondary As a reporter for The Washington Post and now ProPublica, I’ve investigated how youth sports organizations have failed to protect kids from sexual predators. I’ve spoken to dozens of parents. Some had children who were victimized by coaches. Others wanted to know how to keep their children safe. Nearly every parent I’ve met said they didn’t have the information they needed to understand the system set up to protect their kids. Here’s what you need to know. https://www.propublica.org/people/molly-hensley-clancy?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=majorinvestigations&utm_content=secondary

No hay comentarios: