domingo, 8 de septiembre de 2019

To Aieman, the mother who lost her unborn baby amidst the Kashmir lockdown | The Indian Express

To Aieman, the mother who lost her unborn baby amidst the Kashmir lockdown | The Indian Express

To Aieman, the mother who lost her unborn baby amidst the Kashmir lockdown

Every hour, I have grappled with myself on what I would tell the 26-year-old sister of my colleague in Srinagar. To Aieman, I am the silent audience applauding the government’s semantics over Pakistan, while words like normalcy, detention, curfew lose meaning.

Baby who lived, and baby who should have
To Aieman, I am the biggest mass of social media users in the world who hasn’t blinked an eye over 7 million men, women and children blocked out from the world now for a month. (Express photo: Shuaib Masoodi)


It’s been some days since I read Aieman’s story. Every hour, I have grappled with myself on what I would tell the 26-year-old sister of my colleague in Srinagar, who lost her unborn baby amidst the Kashmir lockdown. Nothing I tell her would be enough, but not telling her anything… whose purpose does that serve?

No hay comentarios: